Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Crime

Missouri Arrest Warrant Operation Turns Dangerous as Second-Story Deck Collapses, Injuring Officers

Missouri Arrest Warrant Operation Turns Dangerous as Second-Story Deck Collapses, Injuring Officers SCKzb3GW4RSBiB9g7yXP8x4W7HwrBvQvCN9z6Z8EEDbi pU5KbUUoBow3mXvbqJS8cP3NScnpjOD 7Aw lV3PWEkSk rVw2Y8u79MJ fi5Ap3ksk5bIGILfOJnDXyJkTIcMBt2htnVvqw76ViRgjrM29H

Officers Injured When Wooden Deck Gives Way

A law enforcement operation in Huntsville, Missouri, took an unexpected turn on July 21 when a second-story wooden deck collapsed beneath a group of officers serving a high-risk arrest warrant.

Newly released body camera footage shows officers gathered on the elevated deck as they approached a residence. Moments later, the structure suddenly buckled, sending several officers crashing to the ground below.

The Randolph County Sheriff’s Office said personnel from the Moberly Area SWAT Team, the U.S. Marshals Service and other assisting agencies were involved in the operation. Multiple officers were taken to nearby hospitals for evaluation and treatment.

Authorities initially said the injuries were believed to be non-life-threatening, and no civilians were hurt.

Nine Officers Fell During the Collapse

According to information reported following the incident, nine officers fell when the deck gave way. Five officers were hospitalized with injuries that reportedly included broken bones, torn muscles and concussions.

The released footage shows the aftermath of the collapse, with pieces of the wooden structure scattered around the officers. Other law enforcement personnel quickly moved toward the scene to assist those who had fallen.

The Moberly Area SWAT Team is made up of personnel from the Moberly Police Department, Randolph County Sheriff’s Office and North Missouri Drug Task Force. The team was working alongside federal marshals as part of the warrant operation.

Operation Targeted Missouri Sex Offender

The warrant operation involved 26-year-old Jacob Alexander Munoz, who had previously been convicted of possessing child pornography and was required to register as a sex offender after his release from prison.

Authorities were reportedly seeking Munoz after he allegedly stopped reporting to his parole officer, resulting in an arrest warrant.

Munoz was not at the apartment when officers arrived. He later surrendered to authorities, according to reports.

The arrest effort was conducted as part of Operation Adam’s Watch, a nationwide initiative focused on sex offenders accused of failing to comply with registration requirements.

The circumstances surrounding the structural collapse were documented by authorities as part of their handling of the incident. The Randolph County Sheriff’s Office also praised the responding agencies, emergency medical personnel and other organizations involved in helping the injured officers.

You May Also Like

Crime

Vietnamese authorities have formally charged a 23-year-old man with rape following an American student’s allegation that she was sexually assaulted during a group holiday...

Crime

A 46-year-old man accused of operating an overcrowded boat that overturned in New York Harbor, killing a woman and her 5-month-old daughter, is facing...

Crime

Remains of Missing Louisiana Teen Recovered From Landfill The remains of 15-year-old Ja’Derrius Minnieweather, who disappeared from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in June, have been...

Crime

A 57-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of three men inside a Hollywood apartment in Los Angeles, authorities said....

Trending now

Advertisement