Internet Crime Complaint Center
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). For victims of Internet fraud, IFCC provides a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of a suspected criminal or civil violation.
United State Internet Crime Task Force- A non-profit agency comprised of law enforcement officers around the US united for a common cause to stop the exploitation of our Nation's children and curbing internet fraud.
Computer Security Resource Center - A great site, operated and maintained by NIST's Computer Security Division as a service to the computer security and IT community.
Computer Crime Research Center - An excellent computer crime portal, with extensive information.
CCIPS (Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, US.. Dept. of Justice - The U.S. Dept. of Justice's cyber crime site. Provides specific directions for different types of cyber crime.
ConsumerProtect.com - Good resources on consumer safety and fraud.
McAfee AVERT (Anti-Virus Emergency Response Team) - The top-ranked anti-virus research center in the world, employing researchers in 16 different countries.
NIPC (National Infrastructure Protection Center- the NIPC's mission is to serve as the U.S. government's focal point for threat assessment, warning, investigation, and response for threats or attacks against our critical infrastructures.
Carnegie Mellon CERT Coordination Center - The foremost online resource to study Internet security vulnerabilities, provide incident response services to sites that have been the victims of attack, publish a variety of security alerts, do research in wide-area-networked computing, and develop information and training to help you improve security at your site.
- Access Center - Internet privacy resources
- Addressing Cyberstalking and online harrassment.
- AntiOnline -
Computer security news and resources
Software Alliance - An agency that deals with software piracy
- Children's Protection and Advocacy
- CIAC Internet
- Computer Virus Hoaxes -
The Police Notebook
- Consumer Affairs Password Manager Reviews
- Council of Europe's Convention on Cyber-Crime - Detailed treatises on Europe's view of cyber-crime.
- Cyber Laws and Safety
- Cyberbullying Resources Online
- Cybertalking and Harassment
- Data Fellows - Virus Security site
- Email Fraud - Tips on protecting yourself from email fraud.
- FBI's Most Wanted Cyber Criminals
- Epic.org - The Electronic Privacy Information Center is a public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values.
- Forensic Science Technician - An extensive guide to forensic science degree programs.
- Gonzaga University's CyberJurisdiction and CyberCrime - Excellent academic research on the current state of cyberlaw.
- Guide to Consumer Safety and Fraud
- HTCIA - High Technology
Crime Investigation Association is dedicated to improving methods for
investigating and prosecuting crimes involving advanced technologies.
- The High Tech Crime Consortium
to Report Internet Crimes - The Dept. of Justice tutorial on which
offices you should use to report different types of Internet-related
- Institute for Law and Justice's - Extensive resources.
- Internet Safety and Security For Kids: A great collection of tips and links for Child Internet Safety
- Microsoft's security section- Microsoft's fixes, patches and security alerts section.
- National Conference on State Legislatures - State Cyberstalking, Cyberharassment and Cyberbullying Laws
- Online Predators Exposed - a blog discusses online predators and how to deal with them.
- Online Shopping Safety - Top Ten things you need to know about online Shopping Safety.
- Parents Guide to Facebook
- The Police Officer's Internet Directory
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse - Information on online privacy.
- Symantec Security
- Take Down - Tsutomu Shimomura's book site about the pursuit and capture of Kevin Mitnik. An excellent book, documenting a detailed insight into the tracking of a legendary hacker.
- Ultimate Parent's Guide to Internet Safety - excellent guidelines to assist parents in protcting their children from cybercrime.
- University of Dayton's
Cybercrimes Site - Details on how to report cyber crime from the
University of Dayton School of Law.
- WHOA Women Halting
Online Abuse - A volunteer organization that has been working since
1997 to fight online harassment through education of the general public,
education of law enforcement personnel, and empowerment of victims.
- Wired Safety- A good for cyberstalking and cyber
- Zeno's Forensic Website
Computer Security News
CRIMINAL INFORMATION LINKS